Winter is coming and it’s a good time to brush up on wilderness and backcountry safety skills. Zac Baker, a long-time outdoor adventure enthusiast based in Ogden, started Be Found Alive in 2003 to teach wilderness survival techniques and primitive technology. Most of what Baker teaches hovers around the concept of the rule of 3. Baker explained what this means and how to best utilize these rules.
A SPECIAL PROMOTION for Ogden Outdoor Adventure fans: visit www.befoundalive.com’s Gear Shop, type the coupon code ‘WSU‘ and get 15% off your purchase! From survival kits, water treatment, bivys, navigation, and more, make sure to purchase safety products to help you stay alive should an emergency situation arise in the wilderness.
This weeks News included:
- Opening Day for Brighton and Solitude
- Alta offers new $30 day pass
- Online Avy Tutorials
- A Kenyan runner missing in Alaska
- 2011-12 Freestyle Ski Team
- New Rock Climbing Term – The Greenpoint
Upcoming Events include:
- Sign up for Powder Chasers! Free, but come equipped: It dumped in The Northern Wasatch Mountains. We’re heading out to make some turns. You can join us free. Call the Weber Outdoor Program: 801.626.6373
- Friday Nov. 11-12 – Powder Mountain Job Fair
- Thursday Nov. 17th – WhatCoast “Come Out To Play” Premier
- Sat. Nov. 19th – 7th – Annual Weber State Turkey Tri & 5K
In the Gear Thirty segment, Gear Guru Greg briefed us about Altra’s Zero-Drop running shoes. We also chated about the HD Helmet Cam Awards (No Surprises), and the continued rapid growth of Grand Trunk.
Enjoy this episode and get the survivalist’s edge with products from www.befoundalive.com.