It’s our favorite show of the year, the annual Ogden Climbing Fest Episode! This year we welcome in studio Daniel from the Weber State Outdoor Program, Shad from The Front Climbing Gym, Greg from new premier mountain equipment retailer, GEAR:30, and Steve, representing the title sponsor of this year’s climb fest, RevvNRG!
We do cover some News items first, like:
- Ogden on Everest
- 2 Everest Deaths this year
- Standard Examiner, please. Man falls Rock Climbing, NOT!
- Booby Traps Found in Provo Canyon
- Nude Hiker in Farmington not arrested
- Don’t Grow Marijuana in Iron County, But it you do, here’s how
- Joe Pack & Friends Inducted into Ski/Snowboard Hall of Fame
- Dean Potter is Certifiably Nuts
- April 27-29 5th Annual Ogden Climbing Festival
- May 12th – Young Subaru Grand Opening Gear Swap
- May 12th – Fly w/the Flock 5K & Pancake Breakfast at the Ogden Nature Center
- May 17th – Building Man, Sustainable Living Arts & Music Festival
- May 20th – Summer Summit Series: Malan’s Peak
- Check the Weber Pathway’s Website for Snowshoe Outings and Moon Light Glides: Updated calendar
- June 2nd – Fully N.U.T.S. ½ Marathon
- June 3rd – Summer Summit Series: Lewis Peak
Quote of the Week: “I know it’s kind of a strange thing I’m talking about,” Potter admits, “but part of me truly believes I can fly, like somehow my mind can figure it out.” – Dean Potter on wearing a bird suit.