Great show this week! We covered interesting local news stories along with an extensive list of upcoming events.
- Bear on Beus
- Car Broken into at Par Course Trail Head
- Ruroc Fans Make Run at Buying Wolf Mountain at Auction
- State Road 39 to Monte Cristo Open’s Saturday, kind of
- Great Salt Lake Bird Fest!
- Snowbird Mountain Coaster new locale receives approval
- All resorts are now closed (the Bird was the last on Sunday)
- Man kills rabid mountain lion with a skillet
- National Parks suspend lawn mowing
- May 17th – Building Man, Sustainable Living Arts & Music Festival
- May 19th – Ogden Marathon! Good Luck Racers!! Go Climb in the Canyon
- May 19th – Green River Freestyle Kayak Competition
- May 20th – Summer Summit Series: Malan’s Peak
- June 2nd – Weber Pathways National Trails Day! Riverdale Parkway
- June 3rd – Summer Summit Series: Lewis Peak
- June 6th – Mt. Ogden Midweek Race Series at Snowbasin kicks off. Series runs through the summer leading up to the Mt. Ogden 100k Mt. Bike Race
- June 13th – Aron Ralston Speaking Engagement Benefit at Perry’s Egyptian Theater
- June 17th – Fathers Day Sunday BBQ at Snowbasin
- June 23rd – Slackwater’s Birthday!
- June 24th – Snowbasin Sunday Entertainment Kicks off: Live Music, BBQ
- June 28th – Ogden Nature Center Outdoor Summer Concert – Brown Bird $20/$12
- July 20-22 Weber Outdoor Program Snake River Rafting Trip
- July 27th-29th – H20 Overdrive SUP Cup
- August 9th – Ogden Nature Center Outdoor Sumer Concert – Horse Feathers $20/$12
- Check the Weber Pathway’s Website: Wednesday Night Hikes, Thursday Singles Mingles Hikes (45 & Older), Science Hikes, Wild Edible Hikes
- Check the Ogden Nature Center Calendar for Summer Camps & Concerts
We missed an interview with Scott Whitaker from Building Man, so here’s a Facebook Event Page to check out the annual sustainability festival.
- Boardworks back on the Weber
- Probar Winning Awards
- Marmot Sponsors Great Russian River Race
- National Geographic Gear of the Year!
Skillz Session: Tips for a Fun, Safe Family Hiking Trip
Adventure Brief: Trails are great! The Weber River is at a great level for beginners along the Henefer-to-Taggart run. Watch the shallows.
Quote of the Week:
“Take only pictures; leave only footprints.”