It’s summit season! From Everest, to Rainier, to Malans, Ogden residents are summiting peaks!
This weeks News includes a brief Everest wrap-up, stolen racing bikes, 100 dead fish in PC, DWR asking Utah anglers for feedback, Caldwell & Honnold own Yosemite, Outside TV on Comcast, a skydiver lands in a pile of cardboard boxes, and finally, a bear attacks a man in an outhouse.
- June 2nd – Weber Pathways National Trails Day! Riverdale Parkway
- June 3rd – Summer Summit Series: Lewis Peak
- June 6th – Mt. Ogden Midweek Race Series at Snowbasin kicks off. Series runs through the summer leading up to the Mt. Ogden 100k Mt. Bike Race
- June 13th – Aron Ralston Speaking Engagement Benefit at Perry’s Egyptian Theater
- June 16th – Snowbasin Gondola Opens for Summer: Weekends 9-5:30
- June 17th – Fathers Day Sunday BBQ at Snowbasin
- June 23rd – Slackwater’s Birthday!
- June 24th – Snowbasin Sunday Entertainment Kicks off: Live Music, BBQ
- June 28th – Ogden Nature Center Outdoor Summer Concert – Brown Bird $20/$12
- July 20-22 Weber Outdoor Program Snake River Rafting Trip
- July 27th-29th – H20 Overdrive SUP Cup
- August 9th – Ogden Nature Center Outdoor Sumer Concert – Horse Feathers $20/$12
- Check the Weber Pathway’s Website: Wednesday Night Hikes, Thursday Singles Mingles Hikes (45 & Older), Science Hikes, Wild Edible Hikes
- Check the Ogden Nature Center Calendar for Summer Camps & Concerts
This week’s interview is with Meg & Rod from Weber Pathways! We chat about National Trails Day on June 2nd, and an extension of the BSL trail in North Ogden.
Then, we chat with Gear Guru Greg about his recent Mr. Rainier summit. Greg gives some good advice on hydration and preparation for Rainier.
In GEAR:30 news, we cover Merrell’s new M-Connect line, Outdoor Research announces a cut in their carbon footprint, and the Blank Slate Climbing Trainer.
This weeks Skillz Session is from Rock & Ice’s article on protecting your belayer from hazards.
Host Brandon open canoed Weber River’s Henefer to Taggart stretch and recounts his experience in the Adventure Brief seg.
Quote of the Week:
“S2 Mountaineering may be the face of this expedition, the “Muscle” was unquestionably provided by our amazing Sherpa. With much respect and admiration, I am humbled by each one of them.” – Jeff Reynolds S2 Mountaineering