I would like to personally thank our fans who have made the Ogden Outdoor Adventure Show a success! We began the OOA Show in February 2010. This week, we aired our 100th Episode! Boom!
Because of the success of OOA, we’ve been able to attend the annual Outdoor Retailer Shows and report LIVE, MC local events including the Skyline Mountain Marathon and Turkey Tri, and receive media credentials for special events like the Dew Tour! All the DJ’s on the show and myself produce, broadcast, edit, and podcast on our own time and our own dime. The OOA Show is for our listener’s and without you, all this wouldn’t be possible. So again, thank you.
Also, a big thanks goes out to KWCR 88.1 Weber FM for allowing us to broadcast an hour a week on their airwaves! Thanks Program Directors and Station Managers, specifically, Mike Adams, Billy Bomber, Alex Larrabee, Nick Smith, and Jared Christensen.
The crazies: Todd to the Top, Gear Junky James, and Trippy Tressa. I love you! Best co-hosts ever. Ok, so you’re the only co-hosts ever, but damn good ones and deserve a lot of credit for sticking it out for 100 episodes. Or for James and Tressa, somewhere around 50ish. Todd, I know you couldn’t be in studio to celebrate this milestone, but having your voice over the airwaves still counts! Thank you for having initial confidence in us and for pushing me to do the show. You rule.
Enough of the mushy shizz. Our 100th Episode: Ogden on Everest, rocked! We were fortunate enough to have Tom Burton and Will Calton, fresh off their successful Everest summit in studio for the entire show! We also covered sweet News stories like a Yellowstone visitor getting jacked by a buffalo, a new female speed record on the El Cap, climbing 5.15 in 100 degree heat, Shawn White teams with Jimmy Fallon, a human wast problem on Denali, and medical marijuana isn’t covered by renters insurance… just sayin’.
Don’t miss these upcoming events:
- June 28th – Ogden Nature Center Outdoor Summer Concert – Brown Bird $20/$12
- July 12-14th – Weber Outdoor Program Kings Peak Trip PRETRIP 7/2
- July 15th – Summer Summit Series, Mt. Ogden Hike
- July 20-22 Weber Outdoor Program Snake River Rafting Trip
- July 27th-29th – H20 Overdrive Summer Series SUP Cup, Kayak 8 ball
- August 1-5 Outdoor Retailer Show, No Beer before 5pm
- August 9th – Ogden Nature Center Outdoor Sumer Concert – Horse Feathers $20/$12
- August 10th R-Scape trail relay
- Check the Weber Pathway’s Website: Wednesday Night Hikes, Thursday Singles Mingles Hikes (45 & Older), Science Hikes, Wild Edible Hikes
- Check the Ogden Nature Center Calendar for Summer Camps & Concerts
In GEAR:30 News, Gregory sports new youth backpacks, Therm-a-Rest aquires LuxuryLite, Marmot’s Armageddon Undercuff Glove wins Polartec APEX award, Exum Guides use Mammut’s Eco Friendly Ropes, and Timbuk2 teams with Joey Energy Supply.
All this and more on the 100th Episode of the Ogden Outdoor Adventure Show!
“Never measure the height of a mountain until you have reached the top. Then you will see how low it was” –Dag Hammarskiold